2. Spindle Gouge: This tool is used for shaping and detailing spindle work, such as chair legs, table legs, and other cylindrical objects. It has a narrower blade than the roughing gouge, making it ideal for precision work.
3. Bowl Gouge: This tool is used for shaping and hollowing out bowls and other curved objects. It has a deep flute and a swept-back bevel that allows it to make smooth, clean cuts.
4. Parting Tool: This tool is used for cutting off pieces of wood and creating grooves and other decorative details. It has a narrow blade that can fit into tight spaces and make precise cuts.
5. Skew Chisel: This tool is used for planing, smoothing, and shaping flat surfaces. It has a long and narrow blade that can be used for making beads, coves, and other decorative details.
6. Scraper: This tool is used for smoothing and finishing the surface of a piece of wood. It has a flat blade that can be used for scraping and burnishing the wood.
7. Bowl Scraper: This tool is designed for reaching the inside of bowls and hollow forms. It has a curved blade that can follow the contours of the bowl.
8. Round Nose Scraper: This tool is used for smoothing out the inside of a bowl or creating a curved surface. It has a rounded blade that can make smooth, sweeping cuts.
9. Diamond Parting Tool: This tool is used for making narrow grooves and separating the waste from a spindle or bowl blank. It has a diamond-shaped blade that can make clean, precise cuts.
: This tool is used for holding the wood securely on the lathe. It allows you to work on the wood from all sides without having to reposition it.